Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cardscan integrate!

cardscan integrate!

ACT! Premium 2009 integrate with scardcan? Is it possible.

Best regards.

Obimin.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: cardscan integrate!

Hello,

See if the information regarding a third-party add-on software called Scan IT helps:

http://sagepss.com/Solution.aspx?SolutionID=2743

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

My company is running ACT! 2008 premium, but I just did an import of 1600+ CardScan contacts into ACT! that worked pretty well. We got some duplicate contacts, but all in all it accomplished what we needed.

From here, we are opting to manually enter new contacts into ACT! when business cards are received, as opposed to syncing ACT! with CardScan.

categorizing contacts in cardscan and transferring into ACT

When you imported the contacts, were you able to easily transfer categories of those contacts as well?  I am trying to tag contacts by category and sub-category but having difficulty.  Ideally, I would able to transfer the Contact Name, Address, Phone, etc. (which works fine), as well as the Referral and other Statuses, such "Lead" or a "Cold Call", etc.  Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thank you,

Cara

Re: categorizing contacts in cardscan and transferring into ACT

In looking over our data, it looks like we opted to not import the categories. However, I think you can map fields during the import process. Try mapping the categories field to an unused field in ACT!.

Best of luck!

Re: categorizing contacts in cardscan and transferring into ACT

Thanks!

Yes, I actually figured that out a few days ago and it seems to be working so far (cross my fingers!).  I hope to successfully import several categories...so far I can do 3. 

Can you please tell me how you did this?!

I have ACT! Premium 2008 and CardScan 8.0 and I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure out how to transfer data!