Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot sync

cannot sync

I have 3 computers so I installed Sage act pro 2012 in all 3 .  I am trying to sync all 3 together so then if I make any changes

to the data base in one, as long as the computers are connect to the internet, the changes will appear in the computer I log into.

I seem to have set up a synchronisation in my main computer , but I cannot find how to enable the sync with my other computers/ databases. what buttons do I push so the new changes will appear  in computer #2 or computer #3 ?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: cannot sync

Question: Are the 3 systems connected on a LAN or in 3 remote locations?
In on the same LAN, it's easier to share the one database than to sync

Have you created databases on 2/3?
To share on network or to sync, you start with one database on the host and either connect the others to it (network share) or create the remote databases.

Thanks Mike.  Yes I connect all 3 Computers by LAN (High-Speed Comcast Internet a Business Class Account).

Regarding your Information  re: " connect the others to it (network share) " , that is probably what I need to do

with the other datbases in Computer #2 and #3.

As I stated, I think I set in Computer #1 [with the main Database that I work on updating Info and tel #'s for

example] to the sink mode, by following the tutorial, but can't seem to find how to get into the settings in the

Sage Act Pro 2012 in the other computers to change the settingts so they will pick up the changes made in

the data base #1 or eventually I want it so that any changes I make in any of the databases will show just when

I connect one computer to the Internet and the changes will appear. 

So you might just let me know how I do a network share.

I think you're a bit confused ... re LAN, I mean to each other (eg in the same location). Not how they connect to the internet

Yes in the same location. Yes and I need to find the settings in each Sage Act installed (#2 & #3) and enable them to detect changes made in #1 Computer.

Ok ... if they're all connected on the local network, thenthe internet doesn't matter.

You just have the database on 1 and have the other 2 use that same database. See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13878

That article you sent me is just for copying the database file out and installing it in another sage act program in a 2nd computer.
i know how to do that already. I want the thing going in here where if I go to one computer connected to the internet and am using sage act 2012 then it will appear in the other computer/s too, as well. You see? even if I have to push a button so then the changes will show.
is this at all possible maybe i heard that the program can do that but that isn't true. Maybe they haven't invented it yet.

No, it's not.

You create ONE database on the server, share it, and point the others at it

There is no button to push, they all use the same database at the same time

The internet doesn't matter at all if all the systems are local

I understand now. Please send me the tutorial for setting that up.
I guess I must set one of the computers as the server.
But no matter what the computers have to have the internet cord connected to them, even if they aren't online?