Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

cannot find database supplemental files folder

cannot find database supplemental files folder

Hi, I'm using sage ACT 2011 and I have a database installed in a server computer and when I try acessing the database from other computers it gives me an error saying it cannot find suplemental files folder for this database. I edited the .pad file to point to the right direction and also change the host to the ip of the computer hosting it, and I made sure that "share database" is checked and that the folder is being shared. What can it be?

Bronze Contributor

Re: cannot find database supplemental files folder

There are many things it could be including permissions, windows firewall and antivirus. I would try turning off the windows firewall in services first and if not go to the knowledge base and read a couple of the articles like

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1987...

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thank you for your reply. The firewalls are off, the problem was with the "host" in the PAD file. Apparently i had to include the workgroup domain along with the name of the computer. It is working now Smiley Happy

Hi, Can you give a breakdown of how you set the permission on the host side, as I am unable to add a Workgroup or the client machine name. The client is part of the network. Hope it makes sense and you can be of help. Thanks.
Bronze Super Contributor

Guessing that since you mention A workgroup, you are using a peer to peer network, yes?

in any case the supplemental file folder needs to be shared with read / write access ( on the "server")...

Copper Contributor

Please advise...I too am having the "supplemetal files" problem...it just happend recently when our network password expired...

Once I removed the network password...I could access ACT from a local desktop...

but NOT from a remote laptop using himachi..

HELP!