Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can`t do a Quotation

Re: can`t do a Quotation

Mike;

In troubleshooting this problem I have found that all my *.ADT files are dated between 5/31/2006 and 4/16/2007.  I also saw there was a tool caleds "update Template" or something like that.   Is it possible that there is a new Quote Template for ACT! 2008 tha I have overwritten in an effort to preserve my customizations?  If so, could this be causing the problem?

Tom

Copper Contributor

I have seen this error with others. Most were using Vista with Office 2007. Repairing Office will provide a tempory fix, but the error will pop back up when you use any template with an embeded excel sheet in it. My clients had custom templates with excel in them created with Office 2003. The solution was to recreate the template using Execl 2007. Once we did this all was well.

Perhaps Sage can provide an updated version of the Quote Template for download.

Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com

OK!  This sounds sensible. Installed ACT! on another machine and have exactly the same problem.  So my idea of old templates was not the answer.  Tired of hearing it's a Microsoft problem when this is the only app that ever has problems with Microsoft.

How do I recreate a template though?  The one I'm using is the default with ACT!, called from the Opportunities page!

Thanks Darrell

Platinum Elite Contributor

@TJude wrote:

@GLComputing wrote:
What happens when you try to get to that link?

Mike - That link is outdated.  I guess 2.0 has been updated, invalidating that patch.  Yet, I still have the problem.

Waiting for Jim Durkin's idea.

I can still get to that link... from multiple machines. What's the error when you try?

Be interesting if someone else reading this can try it

Platinum Elite Contributor

@TJude wrote:

Tired of hearing it's a Microsoft problem when this is the only app that ever has problems with Microsoft.

While not sure about this specific issue, a lot of the issues with ACT! since 7.0 have actually really been bugs in Microsoft's .Net and SQL. Many of them Microsoft themselves had in their own BCM product.

I heard that just after the release of 2008, Sage, who have a big development support contract with MS, actually had real MS developers (not just support guys) come in and sit with ACT! 2nd/3rd level support and the dev teams and identified 3 new bugs they were not previously aware of. I know that for one of them they came up with a major work around that improved much stability with 10.02

While not all the issues can be laid at Microsoft's door, I heard figures that they were releated to more than half the tech support calls... but worse, the time that QA and dev took in identifying them could have been better spent in working on their own code.