Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can`t do a Quotation

can`t do a Quotation

i m new in using act, when i want to print a letter or a quotation i got an error message like following

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that memory is corrupt

Im using windows vista and i`m testing the ACt 10.0
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: can`t do a Quotation

Error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Carlton from Sage suggests that .NET is to blame.

Since they are on a Vista machine and .NET 2.0 is built in... you can't uninstall it... however, please try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923028
Tuned Listener

I've seen this error on Windows XP but not Vista, yet. This error is happening in an ACT! 3rd party DLL named Irun.dll. This DLL converts RTF format string. Please send me an email off-line and  I will send you a newer "Irun.dll" file that may correct this issue.

thanks
-- jim durkin

jim durkin
www.durkincomputing.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
SK090166 - I was having this exact same problem with Word and Corrupt memory.  In the end I repaired office from the installation disc and everything is working great. 

Hope this helps!
Keane

Message Edited by Kintoro on 02-05-2008 11:01 AM
Tuned Listener

Hello All:

I am also having the same problem when generating a quote. I'm using Vista and Word 2003.  I tried to access the Microsoft link, but can't access it.  It puts me in a loop after I register, and I can't get to the page where I can download the fix.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!
Tuned Listener

I forgot to mention in my previous post, that this problem has only surfaced since I registered ACT!  When using the trial version, I was able to create opportunities without any issues.
Tuned Listener

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  I'm completely stuck until I can get this resolved.

Thanks.

sunnydd wrote:
Hello All:

I am also having the same problem when generating a quote. I'm using Vista and Word 2003.  I tried to access the Microsoft link, but can't access it.  It puts me in a loop after I register, and I can't get to the page where I can download the fix.

What happens when you try to get to that link?

GLComputing wrote:
What happens when you try to get to that link?

Mike - That link is outdated.  I guess 2.0 has been updated, invalidating that patch.  Yet, I still have the problem.

Waiting for Jim Durkin's idea.