Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can not initialize email mail not sent

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

can not initialize email mail not sent

We have had to run act in administrator mode to stop an issue when clicking on an email address - we get this error message (if not in administrator mode) "can not initialize email mail not sent" Trouble is once we run Act in administrator mode we then need to run outlook/word with elevated security to match which then means outlook searches run really slowly This didn't happen in previous versions of Act - anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes or workarounds Act! Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4 Microsoft outlook 2019 MSI (16.0.10367.20048) 32-bit Many thanks Andy Kent
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: can not initialize email mail not sent

Andy,

This will happen, when any one application is running as admin and other in normal mode (either Act or outlook). check if "Run as administrator" is enabled in outlook/Act, uncheck if it is checked. And then re-open Act and outlook in normal mode.

admin mode.JPG

Also try running office quick repair.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

they are both running in normal mode (100% definitely) and I still get this error Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

have you tried running office quick repair?
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Are you using a 64-bit-Office? This is a known problem (at least for me...) with 64-bit editions. The only cure I know ist to switch to 32-bit-Office.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

no only 32 bit (even though I can run 64 bit here) - yes have tried office auto repair no joy It is happening on a number of machines and the ONLY cure seems to be to run as administrator which then means we have to run outlook as administrator too and that isn't a solution as it makes searching for emails in outlook run sooooo slowly Anyone else found a cure? Thanks
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Make sure you have only one version of Office installed, sometime office app will be installed from the MS store. Also, check if the outlook is set as default mail client.
If everything is in place then check the order of installation. MS Office should be installed first and then Act. If it is in the other way, re-installing Act will fix it.