Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

calendar view disaster

calendar view disaster

i've lost control of the Calendar View...........cannot access daily calendar.........and can't find a fix in any of the help or preference sections

is there a way to default to original settings?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: calendar view disaster

[ Edited ]

Hello hrsck,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your calendar. Please provide some additional information:
- What version of ACT! do you have?
- What operating system does your computer use?
- What exactly are you seeing when you try to access your daily calendar?

- Do you see the same thing with other calendar views (monthly, weekly, work week)?

You may also want to look at the suggested solutions in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2104...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

THANKS for your response.

i'm using act pro 2010 purchased 5/11.  windows 7,

i've typically clicked on 'calendar' in the left hand row of choices and seen the daily calendar, hour by hour, for the dayl

now: the only calendar view i see is of a lined page, monthly calendars are across the top of the view.

the ability to choose the 'daily' calendar has been disabled; unable to size the view, which is stuck on next year.  

so i'm looking at a series of  lines -- like those on a blank sheet of  paper -- that are empty. 

however, if i right click on a (blank) line, the appointment that i would otherwise see pops up in a small dialogue box.  so i'm not totally disabled but close to it.

i've tried all of the help/search topics; preferences and other options on the toolbar/task bar; and attempted to restore the original defaults.

no luck.  and: i'm away from the office so don't have the software at hand to do a re - load.

suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Based on what you described, I would advise following the steps for the KB article I linked in my previous post. You may also want to try disabling User Account Control in Windows. Instructions for this are here:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

After you have followed the steps in the two articles, reboot your computer, then reopen ACT! and check your calendar views.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

tx. i'll give it a try. keep your fingers crossed.

greg

i've done it all w/mixed results.  sat. could alter calendar view; today i can't.

prob is ongoing since going to this version of act and having to logon the start the program; i've never been able to manipulate three boxes/views (contacts, list, calendar) simultaneously  since making the change and am beyond frustrated.

i'm at a loss and can't find anyone who knows how to work the program since most are using outlook; i've got 1500 names in the data base so a change would be onerous.

know any experts in the phoenix area?

tx

Bronze Super Contributor

You don't have your graphics set to non-standard settings do you?

Changing the resolution such that it shows Text above 100% scaling (the default in Windows) will break the ACT! calendar in way that sound like what you describe...

Re: calendar default problem

I have ACT 2005 and is defaulting to 1/5/2005 instead of today's date 5/9/2012 - can anyone help me re-set?

I'VE GOt the same prob and so far have found noone who can help

how long have you been waiting for help?