Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

calendar duplicating meetings - help!

calendar duplicating meetings - help!

We run ACT Premium 2012, version 14.0.572.0  Hot fix 2

We are having a horrible problem with meetings being duplicated as many as 20+ times when a certain user creates meetings for multiple users in our office.

Sometimes it replicates 4 times, sometimes 15, sometimes 25. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. 

Does anyone have any ideas on things I can do/check to fix this problem.  I'm not sure if this is a server issue, software issue, etc..

If you need additional information I'd be happy to provide it, I just need to know what you need. I was thinking this has to be happening to multiple people and I can't be the only one, so maybe there is already a known issue and fix?!  I can hope.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: calendar duplicating meetings - help!

Hello advisor1970,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Can you clarify - this only happens when a particular user creates the meetings?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes we have about 9 or 10 users.  When one particular user creates meetings on behalf of someone else, it turns ugly.  Others have tested creating meetings for someone else and have had no issues.

Have this user go to Tools > Preferences > Calendar & Scheduling tab > Scheduling Preferences. See if the box for "Create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts" is checked. If so, uncheck it. Click OK, then OK again to save.

If this is not the case, then please describe exactly what you are seeing regarding the duplicate activities.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I checked her preferences and it was NOT checked. 

So - regarding the duplicating activities - I'm not sure all what you want to know.

I've noticed that the duplication doesn't happen right away( I think?!), but shows up when I come into work the next day and look at my task list and see multiple copies of the meeting she had scheduled.  I cannot confirm the actual time it does replicate as I am not watching my calendar 24/7.

Again, there are no set amount of replications, varies on each meeting.

Are the user synchronising with Outlook, Google or a mobile device (phone/tablet)

If so, what method used to sync?

My initial thought is no for her, but possibly yes for the person she sometimes schedules FOR.

How would I check to see if he/she/we are syncing with any of those you listed. That part I am not sure of. I do believe that the person she schedules for at one time had tried Outlook sync but no longer, but again, I'm not positive on that but happy to check based on your instructions.

Problems with sync to other systems is one of the common ways to cause duplicated records ...

[ Edited ]

So how do I go about turning it off/ shutting it down. I am positive she never turned anything on, as her tech knowledge is extremely limited, and we never turned it on. Could her scheduling FOR someone who has it turned on cause any problems?

It seems as though if ACT has a problem with syncing that maybe it shouldn't have been included. What is the point of having a feature if it doesn't work and just causes headaches?

ACT is a great program if I could stop the duplication!!! I'm out of ideas....