Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

best method to import non synced data into recreated database

best method to import non synced data into recreated database

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Our company currently is using ACT 2005 premium for Workgroups. A remote user did not sync his database within the 90 day limit.

I recreated his database and saved his old non syncable database. Now I need to import his non synced data from his old database to the new one.

What I did for another user was open his old database, ran a lookup for all records whose last edit date was from last sync then I used the import feature in ACT to import the look up records into the new database. Is this a recommended method.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: best method to import non synced data into recreated database

This is one method you could use, as it will capture any contacts who have had any change to their record within the specifoed time period.  Another method is to use Lookup/Contact Activity as this will capture actual data changes to the contacts rather than any type of change.  Run both lookups, take a look at some records that are not in both results and determine which one you should use.  It's best to import as little as you need to.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.