Search instead for 
Do you mean 

backup filenames

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

backup filenames

[ Edited ]

We are using Act! 2009 Prem. for Web (11.0) and I have set the scheduler to do daily backups which are working fine, except, instead of the typical "Actcompanynamedate.zip" filename, I am getting a filename that has 51 characters.....

Example backup w/filename: "Act!xxxxxx8707c20c7f12494088deadc4e43f55f12009-03-1601-02-01.zip"

And it tells me that it may not be able to restore (well, duh!). What would cause the filename to be so long now?

Message Edited by gswgolf7 on 03-19-2009 07:47 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gswgolf7
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: backup filenames

Actually, I haven't had a need to try and restore. It just struck me as odd that I only have the one b/u job set in Scheduler

and up until recently it would always give the b/u the short name "Parrotxx-xx-xxxx.zip" and now it has this long name. But, as

you say if I have the capability to "Restore-as" then I won't worry too much about it. Thanks for the quick response......

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's the database UID.It adds that in case auto backups are backing up 2 databases with the same name.

That shouldn't stop it restoring.

What error do you get when you try a Restore (Restore As) - to a different name?

Solution
Accepted by topic author gswgolf7
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Actually, I haven't had a need to try and restore. It just struck me as odd that I only have the one b/u job set in Scheduler

and up until recently it would always give the b/u the short name "Parrotxx-xx-xxxx.zip" and now it has this long name. But, as

you say if I have the capability to "Restore-as" then I won't worry too much about it. Thanks for the quick response......

Platinum Elite Contributor

The UID was added to the backup ZIP names in a patch... can't recall which. This was to prevent the issue I mentioned above

Worth-while testing any backup procedure with a test restore, anyway

Copper Contributor

That is on my To-Do list for tomorrow! Again, thanks for the response!