Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

backup Act! and temp folder on the small C

db
Copper Contributor

backup Act! and temp folder on the small C

I want to know if it's possible to change the directory of the temp folder when Act! does a backup.

If I have a small C, the backup of Act! go in the temps folder of my C before to go in the directory that I have give.

So my question is; it's not possible to create  another temp file in the D, or F,... and change this configuration for the backup of Act! ?

many thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: backup Act! and temp folder on the small C

I could well be wrong, but I think the backups get staged in the backups folder of the supplemental files for your database.  In other words, if your database is called ACME in c:\data then your backups get staged in c:\data\ACME-database files\backups

That being the case, you'd have to move your database from the C:\ drive to another drive to get it to stage the backup there, which you might consider anyways if you're getting that tight for space. 

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem with a new installation of ACT! 2013.  C: keeps running out of space because tempory backup files are being created in c:\windows\temp.  Is there a configuration file that can be changed to force the temp files to be created on another drive?

I am having the same problem.  But its not just with Backups its also with Restoring a Database.  My database (ADF) is 12.5GB and my C Drive partition is 12GB with 8.84GB free.  I keep running out of space.  Since I don't have full access to SQL I can't do any redirecting.

Help Please!

Have the same issue here many of out users here their drive is filling up, intire c:\ drive full. Does have to save to the harddrive.