Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

avoiding outlook and using gmail

avoiding outlook and using gmail

Hi,

I am new to ACT so I hope everyone will be patient with me.

I have a simple question for now. Since ACT premium will work with Gmail and sync. Is there a way to avoid using microsoft outlook for sending the emails out and use gmail as my outbound and maybe even my inbound ?

Having outlook open seems to sometimes slow the machine down. I am looking for an alternative to having to use Microsoft Outlook.

Any ideas ???

Robert

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: avoiding outlook and using gmail

While there is a process that allows you to send an email directly from ACT! through Gmail to a single contact, KB Article 28215, it does not replace all functions available through Outlook.  You would still use Outlook (or ACT! Internet Mail) for mail merges, e-mail from template, or sending a single e-mail to multiple contacts.

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: avoiding outlook and using gmail

There is  an easier way to use Gmail direct from ACT!...

Go to http://www.freeactaddons.com/addons.php and download our free addon that allows the user to send an email through the default Gmail window, direct from ACT!. It places a Gmail button directly adjacent to your email field and allows you to trigger a Gmail send message window direct from ACT!, populating the To: field with the email address.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog