Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

attaching a document in ACT

attaching a document in ACT

I am using ACT! Premium at work to organize our contacts and send out mailings.  I use a template and mail merge it into word.  When I print, it always asks "yes record history" and "attach document to history".  About a month ago, it would ask me that but when I selected "attach document to history" it only attaches it to the first contacts history, not the entire group of contacts.  Now, ACT! does not ask anything when I print the mail merge documents.  Nothing has changed.  The database is found on my computer, I haven't downloaded any new programs so I do not know what the problem is.  Please help.

Thanks,

Jackie

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: attaching a document in ACT

Hello Jackie,

The issue you are describing sounds like a reported issue with the initial release of ACT! 2010. This issue was resolved with the latest update ACT! 2010 SP1 Hot Fix 1. Please verify the version of ACT! you are using by going to Help/About ACT! in the program. If you are using 2010 and have not yet applied the SP1 update, you can find download instructions and information in KB Article 25927. If you are using a shared or remote database in a multi-user environment, then all users will need to apply this update, starting with the machine that is hosting the database.

In addition to SP1, we have also just released Hot Fix 2. This should be applied after SP1 has been installed. Details are in KB Article 25996.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.