Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

any add-ons to get rid of the double spacing in emails from Outlook?

Copper Contributor

any add-ons to get rid of the double spacing in emails from Outlook?

Hello all

The integration between Outlook & ACT is dreadful.   

* Emails sent from ACT display wiith multiple spaces between each paragraph

* in a tiny 8 point font

I can't bear the display, so spend minutes every single time opening up the email and MANUALLY deleting the spaces.  Then I run my cursor over the email and change the font to something READABLE.

It's head-scratching that in the 21st century I have to MANUALLY edit emails in this way.   It feels more like a 1980s product.   I had a friend around yesterday who stared in amazement as I did it.   I felt rather embarrassed, as if I was being a bit autistic about it - but I can't bear the insanely spaced display and the tiny print - which I can't comfortably read.  I have to put real effort into peering at the text, rather than being able to just glance at the content and take it in, as one would expect.

Also, there is no way to reply to an email from within ACT so the original message is quoted.   I have to MANUALLY copy and paste sections of text I want to include in a reply email.

QUESTIONS
In PREFRENCES, I have set the font for email tab to 10, but the emails still display at 8 point until I have edited the content
In PREFERENCES, I have set the font for email composition to 11 point, but the emails still come in at 8 point.

Setting the font sizes in preferences doesn't work for emails coming in and out of Outlook.

Is there an ADD-ON to correct this does anyone know ???

It's all a bit unimpressive, isn't it?!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: any add-ons to get rid of the double spacing in emails from Outlook?

Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear of your issue with Act! / Outlook.

You might like to try Act4Outlook from Swiftpage for only $36 purchase one-off!

See https://www.keystroke.ca/en/act4-products/act4outlook for download and details.

Any questions?  Just call me.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Hello David

Thanks for your suggestion.

I downloaded the 14-day trial of Outlook4 Act.  It tells me it is the trial version, says it has 13 days left, I click NEXT then it asks for an activation licence.  When I try to simply click NEXT, it stays on the screen.  I tried inputting TRIAL, that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

ACT uses a template to create the email which you can change.

Go to Write - Edit Template - Emailbody

Now change the text size and font  to one want.

Next go to line spacing - Line spacing options and change to what you require. Also tick don't add line space for paragraph of same style.

(Depending on version of office it might be slightly different regarding line spacing.)

Now save.

Copper Contributor

Many thanks for your reply.

But I'm afraid this does nothing to solve my issue.   I set up the template - but I can already lay the email out as I wish using Outlook.   The problem isn't the layout contained within the body of the email. 

The problem is the ridiculous way the email body is presented WITHIN ACT.   i.e. in the PREVIEW pane.

There are so many glitchy things within ACT - I find it incomprehesible that it should be at such a late stage of development with what seems to me so many fundamental issues, with the email display within ACT being a case in point.

WHY is the email displayed in the preview column with QUADRUPLE line spacing between paragraphs and in a TINY font?   

It is immensely frustrating.  As I'm sure is the case with so many others, ALL my work is by email.  I expect to be able to glance at an email and take in its contents - not have to PEER at it to make out what it says and NOT to have to open up the email and go through the whole darn thing editing out extra spaces in between paragraphs.  

I mean - it's just EMBARRASSING IN A 21st century product.   Why aren't the developers mortifiedd that this is still how the product displays emails???

I find it weird.

Nickel Contributor

Hi Jane,

If you want to contact me through http://support.exponenciel.com, I'll take a look at your issue.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking