Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

alarms wont pop up

Tuned Listener

alarms wont pop up

my alarms stopped popping up  any suggestions on why   is there a maximum amount you can do?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: alarms wont pop up

To identify if the issue is specifically with your database, open the demo database (or create a new database) and create a test activity - see if the alarms window appears.

If it doesn't appear for the demo database, it is likely that the window is being displayed off-screen.  Manually rebuilding the preference files should resolve this: KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

thanks greg

i used my existing data base to do that     the alarm poped up but alarms in the past do not   should they  they are on my task list

Platinum Super Contributor

Just to verify: are you saying that if you create a new activity, the alarm will display?

If it is just older activities that don't display the alarm, how old are the activities?  I've tested (in 2012) back to 90 days and alarms will still generate.  Create an activity in the past with an alarm to test.

If it will generate the alarm for the activity created in the past, it sounds like the alarms have been cleared.  Once cleared, they will not reappear.

Greg Martin
Sage

My alarms pop up on my pic that hosts the program but not on the browser