Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act.scheduler.exe Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

act.scheduler.exe Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

I recently had to reinstall my Windows XP Professional and as a result my ACT 2006 Premium for Workgroups.  I ran into some difficulty with the ACT install - it froze up and I had to manually uninstall and then reinstall.  Then the .net framework files gave me some trouble.  However, I finally got everything to install and no longer have any Windows XP updates or ACT updates to apply.  The only problem I have is when I reboot my computer, I get an error box stating:

Act.Scheduler.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated and exception that could not be handled

Click Ok to terminate the application

Click Cancel to Debug the application

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act.scheduler.exe Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Hello,

This sounds like an issue with the ACT! Scheduler service when it tries to launch at startup. The service may be damaged or another startup item may be preventing it from starting. You can try removng the scheduletr service from startup and then manually starting it after reboot. To disable, go to Start/Run and type in msconfig. Under the Startup tab, locate the Startup Item "Act", where the Command path is "C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Scheduler.UI.exe". Uncheck that item, click Apply, click OK, then reboot your machine. After the reboot, you can restart the service by opening ACT!, going to Tools/ACT! Scheduler, and click Start Service.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.