Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act pro v16 e-mail is it possible to connect to internet outlook mail (outlook.com)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

act pro v16 e-mail is it possible to connect to internet outlook mail (outlook.com)

Hi,

I would like to use outlook internet mail (utlook.com) with my act pro v16 is it possible?

I tried with the act e-mail setup wizard to set it but the test connection give me failed status under smtp, pop3 and send message test. 

I'm working with windows 7

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barbu
‎02-10-2016 08:36 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: act pro v16 e-mail is it possible to connect to internet outlook mail (outlook.com)

Unfortunately I do not know a email service that does not require SSL.

For best integration performance, regularly I suggest having Office installed on the computer (32BIT) In my case I use Office 2007 with Service Pack 3 in my Act! V18 Premium database.

I suggest personalized assistance of a Act! Certified Consultant ACC - The consultant should consider the technical aspects like UAC User account Control - Antivirus and Firewall

http://acc.swiftpage.com/

The order of installation must first Office, then Act! -  to get the integration

If my computer is a laptop - then I do not need synchronization with outlook - only integration to create history records - because the remote database is always with me - and when I return to the office synchronize by the local network.

with Act! Premium can also synchronize my remote database by internet.

If you do not have a server because the database is only on your computer, everything is easier, in that case you do not need a remote database and server.

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: act pro v16 e-mail is it possible to connect to internet outlook mail (outlook.com)

V16 Premium and Pro supports...  (Version installed on windows)  Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 (32-bit version only) (Latest Service Packs Recommended)

Your outlook internet mail must use ports 995 (POP3)  and 587 (SMTP) but Internet Mail cannot be configured to use specific server ports other than the default Outgoing Server Port 25 and Incoming Server Port 110.

Do not forget to periodically backup your database.

good luck and best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero

Thank you Juan Carlos,

Since my office version does not included outlook and that outlook internet does not use the right port, do you know any other internet mail provider that are using the right ports(25 and 110)?

Or my only alternative is to buy  outlook and is it the best software to use with act?

Regards,

Solution
Accepted by topic author Barbu
‎02-10-2016 08:36 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Unfortunately I do not know a email service that does not require SSL.

For best integration performance, regularly I suggest having Office installed on the computer (32BIT) In my case I use Office 2007 with Service Pack 3 in my Act! V18 Premium database.

I suggest personalized assistance of a Act! Certified Consultant ACC - The consultant should consider the technical aspects like UAC User account Control - Antivirus and Firewall

http://acc.swiftpage.com/

The order of installation must first Office, then Act! -  to get the integration

If my computer is a laptop - then I do not need synchronization with outlook - only integration to create history records - because the remote database is always with me - and when I return to the office synchronize by the local network.

with Act! Premium can also synchronize my remote database by internet.

If you do not have a server because the database is only on your computer, everything is easier, in that case you do not need a remote database and server.

Juan Carlos Otero

Thank you again for your assistance Juan Carlos