Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act premium version 19.2 UPDATE 5 geeting error ' The requested performance counter is not a custome counter, it has to be initialized as read only'

Copper Contributor

act premium version 19.2 UPDATE 5 geeting error ' The requested performance counter is not a custome counter, it has to be initialized as read only'

Hi, 

We keep getting the above error when we open our ACT. Can someone help I have seen the fix for the windows settings for this problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/300956/how-to-manually-rebuild-performance-counter-library-...

I was wondering if anything else was causing it 

Thanks in advance.

Copper Contributor

Re: act premium version 19.2 UPDATE 5 geeting error ' The requested performance counter is not a custome counter, it has to be initialized as read onl

We tried the below windows article but it didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: act premium version 19.2 UPDATE 5 geeting error ' The requested performance counter is not a custome counter, it has to be initialized as read onl

This looks like a dot net error and rather than manually try and resolve I would suggest using the MS tool from here -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

The page starts with an MS advert but underneath you will find the net repair tool link.

Copper Contributor

Hi Chip, 

I dont think that has worked I'm afraid. Do you have any other Ideas?

Its a really odd problem. 

Thanks 

Silver Contributor

Have you changed the start up view away from the welcome page to something like Contact view?

Copper Contributor

Hi, We had it set to opportunity view, but if we change it to the welcome doesn't work either?? Anything else we can try? Thanks for your help
Silver Contributor

Your not going to like this but it is looking like a complete uninstall of ACT  and then reboot - reinstall is the next option to resolve.

Tuned Listener

Hi Rachelclaey,

Run this command "lodctr /r" in cmd prompt.

And then do .net repair.

Reboot your computer.

This should work.