11-09-2013 01:09 PM
I have installed act prem for web 2013. I want to be able to get to database via the web and also do remote syncs (via internet, we do not have a vpn)
1. I can successfully get to the database via the web by http://mycomputerfqdn/apfw . I have this computers ip address with port 80 forwareded in my router.
2. I created a sync set. Successfully created a remote database. Unpacked it. Went to try a sync, get errro can't connect.
3. Looked at the properties of the remote database, it is set for port 65100.
I was under the impression that internet sync is using port 80?!
4. I tried to re create database, thinking I did something wrong, but again, it is set to port 65100?! Also, there is no option to change the port.
5. I went through the motion of createing network sync, this does ask for a port option. Maybe this is what I should be doing?
Any help would be appreciated as to how to get to whole database remotely over the internet, which is working, and to sync remotely (which isn't). Thanks!
11-11-2013 05:56 AM
you would have to forward the port 65100 in your Firewall to your Windows-server, so that any sync-request that comes to your External IP will be redirected to your Server. changing the port is something we do not recomend
ACC and Addon Partner since 1995
11-11-2013 07:26 AM
thanks for you help. much appreciated!
I put up more details in this post (couldn't figure out how to edit my original one)
but the issue is that I am using the internet to also access the database i.e. //my.domain.name/apfw.
This uses port 80 to get in. I can't have port 80 and 65100 forwarded on the same computer.
So how can I do an internet sync and also get to the database via the internet?
11-11-2013 07:35 AM
most firewalls i know allow that you can redirect several ports to one Server, and this is what i would strongly recommend, and I am quite sure that having 2 services (web & Sync) on one port would cause several issues that you do not really want to face.