Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act has encountered an error. please shutdown the application

Highlighted

act has encountered an error. please shutdown the application

When I startup act,  I receive the message act has encountered an error. please shut down the application. I tried all suggestions: 

1. uninstalling act and reinstalling

2. Deleting the perference file

3. checking if the framework and .net feature were on.  I even turn them off restarted and turning them on. 

I need some help the see what is wrong with my ACT. 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: act has encountered an error. please shutdown the application

When you delete the preference files are you deleting the whole ACT folder in your windows user AppData Roaming folder? The whole thing needs to go.

Make sure ACT and Outlook are not running before deleting. ACT will rebuild this whole area when next started but you will need to reset any preferences.

Highlighted

I removed the whole folder and deleted the preferences. I am still having the same issue. I am wondering if I missed something. 

Highlighted

I still have the error but my preferences are not saved.  Is there an article on rebuilding the preference file?  

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

When ACT opens it will rebuild the preference files. Are you still not able to open ACT?

Have you tried creating a new database as a test? This lets you know if you have system problem or a database problem.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I created a test database and then I imported a small database of information into the test database. The result was that error is not showing anymore. what do you suggest for a large database.  I tried to import the data into a newly created database. Actually did not solve the problem.