Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 8 professional cant create remote database

act 8 professional cant create remote database

hi there

have installed act8 professional onto the server, and then onto workstations, i have created the database on the server, shared and created the sync set, then gone into create the remote database, it goes through all the steps, the progress bars then disappear, and "hit finish to continue" comes up, however the continue, back and next boxes are greyed out.

and it doesnt seem to finalise the remote database

in the sync log, it states that the finalisation failed, this has happened on four attempts,

any ideas please

regards

martin

Bronze Contributor

Re: act 8 professional cant create remote database

Martin,

Are you trying to create the remote on the local machine as this is the only place where it is allowed (e.g. C: or D: gererally)

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

hello Paul,

ok weve ditched the idea of putting it on the server, one of our admin workstations is going to host it, then the database files stored in the public folder, the readon being that admin will then have the master database, an any users will then have a remte and sync back to as required,

i have created the database on thehost machine, then created the sync set on the host, and then trying to create the remote database, to be deliverd to the workstation, all goes well untitl the final part of the creation of the remote database.

then i get message

failed to create remote database, access to the path .........  is denied.

any ideas please

regards

martin

Nickel Contributor

Try turning the share off on the master database. Create the remote database(s), then turn the share back on afterwards.
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk