Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2013 sync on win10

Tuned Listener

act 2013 sync on win10

Still running act 2013 premium. Had to move a user to a new computer, with win 10, not win 7. Database moves, act works, but will not sync. No sync window comes up. It looks like it is looking for files that maybe are in a different place? Or don't exist on win10?

Is this possible to do?

Employee

Re: act 2013 sync on win10

Hi,

Was there issues installing the sync server?
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37908/kw/sync%20se

Maybe starting fresh with a new remote database.... the machine name has changed or the like

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the quick reply. All is the same. Just a new computer. Moved the database. When you start a sync, nothing comes up. Works fine with the old computer. Just the new computer is win10.

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 13 isn't compatible with Windows 10. Creating a new remote database might work. Most likely you need to upgrade to the latest version of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Roy, thanks.

What is the last version of act that supports win10, with remote sync, but isn't cloud based?
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 30 either Pro or Premium can be run locally. Being cloud based is an option with the Premium version Synchronization is supported be both Pro and Premium.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Administrator

I'm thinking Roy made a bit of a typo there - the latest version is Act v20 - but he's quite right that while the cloud service is an option now, the desktop version with remote sync is still available.

With Windows 10 you should be fine running v17.2 or higher, but I'd obviously recommend the latest version for full compatibility with other software like newer versions of Office etc.

You can find a load of compatibility information here:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

As reported this version of ACT is not supported on Windows 10 also a good case for updating apart Windows compatibility has been made and I also support that --

But in my experience ACT 2013 will work if ACT installs without issues and you do not get an SQL message about compatibility during installation..

So if you want to test the current system cut a new remote and restore on the Windows 10 machine and try sync again.