Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 2012 pro message: resolution dependency failed:Act.UIActapplication ,........................... message wth happened?

Tuned Listener

act 2012 pro message: resolution dependency failed:Act.UIActapplication ,........................... message wth happened?

what happened.?? i have used act 2012 since last september,  and three days ago, i was unable to open up act.

re installed act,  threee times, the same *@!!#  message appeared.  tried restoring with carbonite, still the same message.

i don't think i sould spend $199 or $99 with service agreement,  will someone please help me? 

thank you, Charlie

i have owned act since 1996,,, new upgrade every time available.  SOS! thank you

i have reported this message about 15 times, no response from act support

Silver Contributor

Re: act 2012 pro message: resolution dependency failed:Act.UIActapplication ,........................... message wth happened?

Carbonite is most likely your problem.  Because ACT is attached to SQL, Carbonite most likely isn't grabbing the how file. Then when you go to restore. you get a corruption.  Do you have any normal backups? (created from aCT instead of Carbonite?)

Reinstalling is also what Id do as a last resort and only when following the KB article associated with it.  When you reinstall you want to make sure that All of ACT and SQL are removing prior to reinstall otherwise, it will just go over with the exact problem.

What specific error message do you receive?  *@!!#  could mean any number of messages.

A google search of the error you listed at the top of your title indicates that your may have corrupted preferences, so it's neither a database or a program problem

1. Rename the ACT! folder in %appdata%\ACT

2. Start ACT! and close it again

3. Copy all files in the old ACT! folder and place it in the new ACT! folder, but don't override any files!

4. Start ACT! and the problem is solved.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act 2012 pro message: resolution dependency failed:Act.UIActapplication ,........................... message wth happened?

Hello haberdasher99,
I'm sorry to hear you did not get this resolved sooner, but I did not see any prior postings from you regarding this error. This and other solutions are readily available in the Knowledgebase and in this Community, using the Search function.

You should be able to resolve this issue using the information in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2586...

Thank you,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.