Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

act 10 premium not listing shared Databases

act 10 premium not listing shared Databases

I am using act web premium 10 for the web.
I set up the two databases and I had them shared so  users would  login to the DB via IE or firefox. That was working just fine. Now  I tried to share another database
but it will not show up in the dropdown box when you login.
To further complicate this if I unshare one of the Databases that is in the drop down box it still shows up in the
dropdown list.
I choose share database then save it when I am logged in as admin.

I have not made any changes except to add a new database.
What could cause this problem, how can i resolve it?
Also
I am not sure if this issue is related When I run the first test under web administration
I get invalid uri something about a ; I can login to the site fine, just not the DB's that I want

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: act 10 premium not listing shared Databases

First, fiirefox isn't supported and will likely not work with all functions

ACT! uses Microsoft's .Net Framework which is only properly handled in IE

Second - What exact version of ACT! for Web (it would be on the login screen)

Also, what steps did you take to try and put the database on the web... give the actual menu clicks

Finally, just you post the exact error message you mention in your last line

I have tried IE and firefox. I don't think this is a client issue. We are only using web clients right now. I can't remember exactly what I did to place the DB on the web it was a few weeks ago. All i remember is i followed the instructions that came with act and it was working fine. I am able to still login to the databases in the list even, but when i change to share or unshare a database the list of databases does not change for the clients. Under the web admin tool the exact error i get when clicking on the web server tab to test is Act Premium for the web was unable to test your web server do to the following error: "Invalid IRI" a port was expected because of there is a colon present (Smiley Happy but the port could not be parsed. I am not sure what it is referring too. The only port set up in iis is port 80 for this site It was working fine and this problem suddenly occurred. I have act premium for web Version 10.0.0.174 running on wink 2003 Server This is a dedicated server for ACT. ps the wording for the error is an exact quote it does says because of there hopefully this will help you help me Smiley Happy

Anyone else have an idea about my issue? Thanks
Nickel Elite Contributor

GT,

You do not have to Share the database for them to be available on the ACT! for Web login screen.   You need to open ACT!, goto Tools | Web Site Administration | Add/Remove Database | and then add your databases that you want to appear on the dropdown.

I hope that helps.

Michael Kadlub

DesignR1 Software, LLC

www.designr1.com

Michael Kadlub
Act! Support Manager
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
800-857-0558, x.310
MichaelK@kqc.ca
www.keystroke.ca

That may be true as far as the sharing goes for the web, but what about the error I mentioned? I cannot even get to the add remove DB tab until this error is solved Under the web admin tool the exact error i get when clicking on the web server tab to test is "Act Premium for the web was unable to test your web server do to the following error: "Invalid IRI" a port was expected because of there is a colon present (Smiley Happy but the port could not be parsed." I am not sure what it is referring too. The only port set up in iis is port 80 for this site It was working fine and this problem suddenly occurred. I have act premium for web Version 10.0.0.174 running on wink 2003 Server This is a dedicated server for ACT. ps the wording for the error is an exact quote it does says because of there hopefully this will help you help me

DId not know there was an update. I cliked check for updates the other day and it said i had the latest version. Where can I get the latest, do you think this will solve my issue? Gail

Not sure if it will fix your issue... but it can reset some settings and may help.

ran the update, but it did not fix my issue. Any other ideas?? Thanks