Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

You must connect ACT! to the internet within the next 23 days or your ACT! license will be deactivated.

You must connect ACT! to the internet within the next 23 days or your ACT! license will be deactivated.

Does anyone have a solution for this error.     I have a current copy of ACT and spend 10 hours a day on the internet.    No help from technical support.

Administrator

Re: You must connect ACT! to the internet within the next 23 days or your ACT! license will be deactivated.

[ Edited ]

Hi Ron,

Please could you try the following:

1. Running Act as an administrator in Windows.
  2. Disabling UAC - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25665
  3. Make sure any anti-virus or firewall software is configured to allow Act network traffic though the port exceptions detailed in this Knowledgebase article - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

Re: You must connect ACT! to the internet within the next 23 days or your ACT! license will be deactivated.

Gary

Thank you for your suggestions.     I have already completed your steps #1 and #2.    Step #3 is beyond my ability.   We have three identical machines (hardware) all configured identically(software) on a network.   Mine is the only one with this error message.     It began randomly.     Initially, it said I needed to register and I followed the UAC disabling instructions.    Then, I got this new error.   

I finally got someone from ACT help line to respond.    He couldn't fix it.    He thinks the license file is corrupted somehow, but I won't hear from him again until today.    He is in India and is trying to find a work around.    

Thanks

Ron

Administrator

Thanks Ron,

Please keep us updated.

No luck with tech support so far.     I am now with "Level 3" in Arizona or New Mexico.  They've spent about 6 hours on it.  

Administrator

Hi Ron,

Please can you send me your ticket number via private message so I may check up on its status.

Thanks.    I appreciate it very much.

I still haven't heard anything.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are a single user ask ACT (Swiftpage) to issue a new free licence and see if registering it resolves the issue. (Support may have already tried this.) If support remotes and this works they can remove the old one.