Copper Contributor

Wrong activity time observed in iphone/ipad safari browser

[ Edited ]

My Time Zone

Toronto, which is currently EDT

My Test Devices

PC: Windows 7 SP1

iPad & iPhone: iOS 7.0.2

I have Act Premium 2013 for Web with SP1 Hot Fix 4 installed on a hosted Windows dedicated server

My Observations

note: I realize some browsers are not supported for this version of Act!, I just included them as part of my testing as I first realized this time zone issue on my iOS devices with the Safari browser (which of course is supported on iOS)

Act! Server: 

a) When opening the Act application, the correct activity time is shown.

PC:

a) IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers show correct activity time.

iOS (iPhone/iPad):

a) Safari shows activities one hour earlier (i.e. 9am start is shown as 8am)

b) Chrome shows correct activity time.

Question: Do you think this is an issue related to iOS 7?  Is iOS 7 supported in the latest release Sage ACT! 2013 SP1 Hot Fix 4?

Copper Contributor

Re: Wrong activity time observed in iphone/ipad safari browser

[ Edited ]
Today Chrome on iPad/iPhone shows same as Safari, which is one hour earlier.

Had a number of views on this topic already, is no one else experiencing this issue? Preferably someone in EDT.
Copper Contributor

Finally got my hands on an iOS 6 device tonight, and I confirmed this issue I'm experiencing is iOS 7 related. The iPhone on iOS 6 displayed the correct activity time.

Unfortunately Apple is not supporting a downgrade to iOS 6, so I'm fubared.

Swiftpage if you're reading this, please help to find a solution. I will assume anyone in daylight savings time is experiencing this issue.

We just purchased Premium v16 and are having the same issues with i07 devices...ipads and iphones.  We are in the US eastern time zone, have checked the time zone settings on our devices to make sure they match what is on the server...i.e.eastern time zone.  However, everything that is scheduled for, say 9 pm, shows up as scheduled for 8 pm on the iphones and ipads.  It shows up with the correct time, etc., if we look at it on the server itself or if we log in using Chrome or IE, it shows the activity at the correct time.  The time shows one hour off when using i07 only as best I can tell.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Sounds like a standard vs. daylight time mismatch.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That was my first thought, also.  However, I checked the time zone settings on both devices and they are all eastern time zone.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Are they both set for daylight saving time?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Super Contributor

Have you tried manually setting the timezone instead of letting the timezone be set automatically?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

The only thing that changed was the iOS. There was no issue with iOS 6, after iOS 7 upgrade the issue appeared. I reported this issue to Swiftpage/Act support yesterday and they were going to try and reproduce the problem. Should be easy to reproduce...
Silver Super Contributor

It isn't happening on all devices.  There have been some posts online about timezone issues with iPads and iPhones running on Sprint using LTE but not when they use 3G on Sprint.  Most of the other people were able to fix their timezone issue by manually setting it.  I was just wondering if that would work with ACT!.  Since you're having the problem I thought you might want to give it a try.  I'm sure tech support will figure it out.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!