Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wrong Record Manager

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Wrong Record Manager

Hello,

I am using Act 2005 Premium for Workgroups and I have an issue with the Activity report.  I have modified the activity report slightly and added the field [C:Record Manager] to the top of the report.  When I run the report for a particular record manager, the first page has the wrong record manager but the preceding pages have the correct record manager.  I can't figure out how to correct this issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author majack6803
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Wrong Record Manager

What record manager selection are you making on the general tab? What record mamager selection are you making on the activities tab?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

The field you added is the field for the record manager of the contact record, not the activity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the reply.  I want the record manager listed at the top of the report and list all the activities associated with that record manager's contacts for any given week.  Should I use a different field? 

Mark

Each contact record has a record manager and each activity has a record manager. They can be different. How you choose your filters affects the cantact records and activities included in the report. What do you want in the report and which record manager do you want.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

When I select the activities report I will select Last Week under the Activity tab then I will select one user (Chuck for example) out of the seven available and click OK.  When the report is generated the first page will show Andrew as the record manager (which he is not) and the second and third pages will show Chuck as the record manager.  I don't understand why Andrew would show up on the report when I selected Chuck.  I checked all the activities and made sure they are for Chuck.  I can select another record manager and Andrew will always be on the first page of the report.  All I want to do is list the name of the record manager at the top of the report for whom I am running the activity report for.  If I select a certain record manager to print a report shouldn't it generate the report based on that selection?  Is there a glitch in Act reports?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Mark

Solution
Accepted by topic author majack6803
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

What record manager selection are you making on the general tab? What record mamager selection are you making on the activities tab?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy you are a genius!  I didn't realize I needed to select the record manager on the general tab, I thought when I selected it on the activity tab that it was the same for both.  Once I selected it on both tabs it works fine.  It was operator error on my part.  Thanks for your help.

Mark

Watch out! That selection combination will only list the activities for the record manager where that user is the record manager of both the contact record and the activity record. It will miss their activities for contact where a different user is the record manager of the contact record. To get all their activities you need to select all users on the general tab and the specific user on the activity tab.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129