Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wrong History Record Manager Being Recorded

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Wrong History Record Manager Being Recorded

I am currently running ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.

A couple days ago, seemingly after doing a mail merge through ACT, I noticed the Record Manager under the History tab for several of our ACT database users has been being recorded as Administrator (which is one of our generic usernames). I verified these users are all logging in as themselves and other info like notes is being recorded accurately with the correct user being recorded as Record Manager. It's only the Record Manager under the History tab that is not.

Has anyone experienced this problem or anything similar?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author aes1783
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Wrong History Record Manager Being Recorded

Go to each user and check the email configuration as it sound like the address book is configured with a different user name than the logged in user

go to Tools, Preferences and then step through the email setup configuration

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author aes1783
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Go to each user and check the email configuration as it sound like the address book is configured with a different user name than the logged in user

go to Tools, Preferences and then step through the email setup configuration

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I have done this will all users and it seems to be working. My only fear is that it wasn't recording Administrator as the record manager for just email histories, but so far, so good as I have sent a bunch of test emails and at least those are now registering correctly. I'll just have to continue to watch for any more histories to appear with Administrator as the record manager.

Thanks again!