Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'Write Letter' function opens Word 2010, but does not display any text, or a blank doc.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

'Write Letter' function opens Word 2010, but does not display any text, or a blank doc.

ACT Premium Version: 16.1.207 hotfix 1

Msft Word 2010

Shared offline database

Win7 32bit

This user utilizes the 'write letter' function many times per day, but as of today it is no longer working. I've tried rebooting, checking for updates, verified ACT add-on is enabled in outlook and word.

Other users are able to use this function correctly.

Scenario: Click on a contact within a company record. Click on 'Write Letter' button.

Word with flash in the taskbar. Pull it up, and nothing is displayed. No text, no blank page. 

Other word functions are working properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KennedyGrp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: 'Write Letter' function opens Word 2010, but does not display any text, or a blank doc.

I think running the repair in Office 2010 fixes that problem.  It's been a while since I've seen it.  Basically you go to Add/Remove Programs and select Change for Office 2010 and then select Repair.  You'll need to reboot.  Post back and let us know what happens.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author KennedyGrp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: 'Write Letter' function opens Word 2010, but does not display any text, or a blank doc.

I think running the repair in Office 2010 fixes that problem.  It's been a while since I've seen it.  Basically you go to Add/Remove Programs and select Change for Office 2010 and then select Repair.  You'll need to reboot.  Post back and let us know what happens.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nickel Super Contributor

I did much trouble-shooting on this very problem a few months ago with Word 2007.

Ultimately PC rebuild fixed the problem. 

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Running repair on office 2010 did the trick in this situation.

Thanks for the suggestion.