Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workgroups 2007 (9.0) RANDOMLY LOSING NOTES

Workgroups 2007 (9.0) RANDOMLY LOSING NOTES

My salesman have been experiencing losing their notes in ACT! for over a year now.

Has anyone had this issue, and do you know how to fix.

This is extreamly frustrating and counter productive, when they need information that they put into notes and it is no longer there.

our full version ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 3

We over 12,000 contacts and 23 users.

Re: Workgroups 2007 (9.0) RANDOMLY LOSING NOTES

What type of environment are you using ACT! in?  Are you sharing or synchronizing?  How often is this happening and do you have reproducible steps?

Couple suggestions I can give you is to keep up on regular database maintenance and backups.  By creating the backups, you can restore as one of the backups to compare notes to see if it was actually in the database.

Re: Workgroups 2007 (9.0) RANDOMLY LOSING NOTES

Not sure what you mean by envirnomnent but, half our machines are on WIN 2K PRO and half on XP PRO.  Everything is one database. each user is set up as a manager to only see their accounts.

we do not have reproducable steps.  Each rep has between 500-700 accounts.  When they get back around to calling a customer it is usually 2-4 weeks later.  My backups are already overwritten by then.

When we tried doing a backup, we apparently weren't doing something corectly.  What I do not know.  My tech people would have to answer that question.

We have implemented daily database maintenance.

Right now I am re-distibuting my contacts.  Each rep is putting new notes in the system.  Once that is done we are printing hard copies of the notes.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Look forward to your suggestions.