Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word trying to save documents twice when using Act Template documents

Word trying to save documents twice when using Act Template documents

When using a template in Act, going to Save As will save the file, but then it asks you to save it again to another folder. I cannot seem to find out why it does this and only on one machine that Act is installed on. I have Act on two machines, and this has never happened on the other one.

I thought maybe it was the word normal global template but cannot seem to find any settings that address the issue. Each time you finally close the document, it also asks to prompt to save the global template.

I am running server based Act Premium v.16. So far, only loaded on two computers.

Anyone have any insight to this? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Lisa J.

Re: Word trying to save documents twice when using Act Template documents

Lisa,

This could have something to do with a damaged global template, especially given the fact that every time you close out of it it prompts you to save the global template. Does Word do this when you close other documents unrelated to Act!? I would recommend renaming the Normal.dot/Normal.dotm file and try it again.
Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Word trying to save documents twice when using Act Template documents

Hi Lisa

I have Act Pro v17, just installed and experiencing the same thing. I have been using ACT Premium for many years, just switched across to Pro and found that I too am having to click 'save as' twice when savings documents created using the templates. Really odd. It's not happening with anything other documents and I don't think there's anything wrong with the global template because other word documents, new or old can be saved or 'saved as' without any problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Jerry