Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word add-in for ACT! Premium 2010 Web

Word add-in for ACT! Premium 2010 Web

I have come into a problem with the ACT Premium 2010 Web Client and the Microsoft Word add-in that it provides. While accessing the server and installing the mail merger executable is easy, I cannot get it to properly load on word 2007 and word 2003. I have two separate machines with nothing else installed. The only way I can get word to open with the add-in enabled is to click on the edit document link on the act! Web premium server, and even then it does not display the full list of options. I have checked the registry keys from online forums, made sure nothing was being blocked, have tried everything.

We are trying to move away from using the full desktop client on our user pcs, but it seems like the word add-in is broken for the web product.

I installed the full desktop client for testing on both machines and the act word add-in loads 100% of the time when opening word 2007 and 2003

Has anyone run into the same problem trying to load the web client’s version of the word add-in? if so , any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Silver Contributor

Re: Word add-in for ACT! Premium 2010 Web

Not sure about a work around for this issue other than a Citrix or Terminal Server hosted solution would allow you to run everything from the server and run the full desktop ACT product (along with any add ons).

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Word add-in for ACT! Premium 2010 Web

Has anyone ever been able to get this to work? I am still unable to get word to load the act plugin from act! premium for web 2010. I am talking about the plugin that is supposed to load from the file ACTMailMergeInstaller.exe.

I believe the file is broken.