Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word Templates - need to run twice on some workstations

Copper Contributor

Word Templates - need to run twice on some workstations

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded to Act v.18.2.2.53.0 Update 4.  We are running windows 7 and Office 2010.

My letter templates work on all our computers, but a few do not open on the first try - you have to run it twice in order for the word document to be created with the act address information loaded. 

This is annoying and I could not find any other posts about the issue.  Can anyone help get this working on the first try?

Administrator

Re: Word Templates - need to run twice on some workstations

Hi chargreaves,

There are a few things you can try to resolve this:

Please run though these in order, testing along the way to see if the issue is resolved.

Copper Contributor

Thanks so much for this.  I will tun an office repair this morning but wanted to check the registry and found a slight difference on my computer

on the Current_User .. \Word\Addins\Act7.Office AddIn

Load behavior has teh 0x00000003 (3) value, but I am wondering if there is something wrong because we had an older version of Act that we uninstalled before upgrading to v.18.

Let me know if this registry value is ok or if that may be causing the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks so much!

Administrator

Load behaviour 3 is recommended, however 9 can also be used if there are issues running the add in. This is covered at the bottom of the Knowledgebase article I linked above.

More info on the different load behaviours can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386106.aspx#Anchor_2
Copper Contributor

Hi - I ran through everything that applied to my version of Act/Office and still have the same problem.  Did you see my registry menu question? 

I don't have this listed in the support article: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect

mine is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACTOffice2007AddIn.Connect

Could that be the problem?

Administrator

Hi chargreaves,

Either folder is fine. ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect or ActOffice2007Addin.Connect. They should contain the LoadBehavior key.

I'll ask for the Knowledgebase article to be updated.