Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word Merge Field Time/Date Formatting?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Word Merge Field Time/Date Formatting?

I think this was an issue with Merging to Word 2003 as I never got it to work althouh it seems to work in Word 2007

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

That helps looking at this as an Office 2003 issue and unlikely Sage has any control over this limitation but maybe there is a patch or a 3rd party tool?

Maybe a Sage Rep. will see this to confirm?

JM

Highlighted

Some more info, I too have had the same problem with Act Premium 17 and Word 2013.

Syntax: { DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]CUST-CustomTable4-012345.CUSTOMNAME_080455746 \@"dd MMMM, yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT }

After much investigation I have found out that it works correctly, but ONLY if the document contains the same field elsewhere without any formatting.

i.e. { DOCVARIABLE [ACTFIELD]CUST-CustomTable4-012345.CUSTOMNAME_080455746 \*MERGEFORMAT } needs to be somewhere else in the document for the formatting to work on the other one.

Looks like a bug to me!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I'm sorry I did not insert years ago what you just learned.

What I've done in my yes still using Word2007 ACT 10-17.2 templates is insert any ACT field at the very top, change to the smallest font and the color to white. That way after the mail merge nobody sees anything when they get and print the quote.

You claim you have to insert the very field once then insert another with custom format for the mail merge.  I did not notice that to be the case for me, but glad you have a solution.  No if ACT would only be more robust and support "IF" statements without using third part add-on that would be very cool in saving time customizing quotes based on what field value is in ACT.

JM