Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

With customized layout, tabs below show up MULTIPLE times and cannot access data on system tabs (ie: notes, history, etc)

Copper Contributor

With customized layout, tabs below show up MULTIPLE times and cannot access data on system tabs (ie: notes, history, etc)

After Customizing Layout, tabs below show up MULTIPLE times...not always in same order - and when I click on any of the system tabs (ie: notes, history, etc) I cannot access any data-it is just blank. When I closed the program and restarted it worked, but goes back sometimes. ANY IDEAS???? This was just happening on my computer yesterday, but now it's showing up on one of the sales guys computers but not on others in the office. PLEASE HELP!!!! I just customized layout and this is a SERIOUS problem for the whole company!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: With customized layout, tabs below show up MULTIPLE times and cannot access data on system tabs (ie: notes, history, etc)

Are you running the normal (96 dpi) fonts or something else?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: With customized layout, tabs below show up MULTIPLE times and cannot access data on system tabs (ie: notes, history, etc)

Hi Roy! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I spoke with the IT guy here and found out the problem was in relation to the new Xact link we have for Quickbooks and ACT. So basically, it was a scripting issue. Once layout used was changed by user, the program had to reconfigure with resetting which is why it worked after closing and reopening. So all set now! THANK YOU THOUGH  =)

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

brienne wrote:

Hi Roy! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I spoke with the IT guy here and found out the problem was in relation to the new Xact link we have for Quickbooks and ACT. So basically, it was a scripting issue. Once layout used was changed by user, the program had to reconfigure with resetting which is why it worked after closing and reopening. So all set now! THANK YOU THOUGH  =)

Hi Brienne,

I just came across your post. We are the developers of Xact Link for QB.

The problem with the duplication of the tabs is not 'caused' by the link, it is unfortunately initiated by the link when the layout is saved. The inherent problem is with the Act! layout limitations on saving. In our latest version to be released in June we have built a work-around to overcome it. That aside on making layout changes with the current version, if you simply close Act! and re-open it, the tabs will restore to what they should be.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog