Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows login required upon launching of ACT web

Windows login required upon launching of ACT web

hi!

upon launching of web ACT, the users are prompted with a logon screen... this logon screen is the windows server authentication login.  as users, they should not be aware of that login.

how do i remove that login screen? we used to launch ACT via web with no requirements aside from the user login. 

pls help. thanks!

Re: Windows login required upon launching of ACT web

help pls....

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello chloe,
This sounds more like an issue with permissions or authentication, rather than and ACT for Web issue. Windows is asking for this, then it sounds like the users are not properly authenticated when they try to access ACT! for Web on the server via their browser. You may want to have your network admin check this and see if there were any changes made that brought about this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

When users log in they should not have to authenticate.

Check that the settings under TOOLS, WEBSITE ADMINISTRATION. I expect that someone has changed the password of the person under USER ACCOUNT. Deleted this user and re-enter credentials.

ghollister wrote:
Hello chloe,
This sounds more like an issue with permissions or authentication, rather than and ACT for Web issue. Windows is asking for this, then it sounds like the users are not properly authenticated when they try to access ACT! for Web on the server via their browser. You may want to have your network admin check this and see if there were any changes made that brought about this issue.

i saw this on the knowledgebase page and tried it but i still have the same issues. maybe this will enlighten you on what is happening to my ACT. 

Answer ID 23808,  or  http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23808/kw/error%3A%20access%20is%20denied

thanks in advance for your help.

ch1p wrote:

When users log in they should not have to authenticate.

Check that the settings under TOOLS, WEBSITE ADMINISTRATION. I expect that someone has changed the password of the person under USER ACCOUNT. Deleted this user and re-enter credentials.

i have tried your solution and still get the same issue, you might want to check the link i have provided above in reply to someone to give you a more idea on the situation.

thanks!