Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, no calendar data (list/day/month view) shown on iphone/ipad

Copper Contributor

Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, no calendar data (list/day/month view) shown on iphone/ipad

• Act! Premium (Web) Version 18.2.53.0 installed
  • I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10
  • When logged in from my iphone or ipad, and I select Calendar from the Home Screen, no data is shown on the list, day or month views.
  • If I select Task List from the Home Screen, the tasks are shown.
  • I tried a prior solution (from a 2009 post) to delete the preferences related files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data and try again, this didn't work for me.

Any solution?

Administrator

Re: Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, no calendar data (list/day/month view) shown on iphone/ipad

[ Edited ]

Hi calman,

Are the calendar entries shown when accessing Act Premium Web though the Desktop interface?

Is this happening for all users of the Database?

Does the issue occur on other databases, i.e. the demo db?

The preferences files you mention are for the locally installed Act software, not Act for Web. You can find the location of the web user preferences using the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19757

Copper Contributor

Re: Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, no calendar data (list/day/month view) shown on iphone/ipad

I can see the calendar entries ok on the desktop app

thanks for letting me know about the correct directory for the web preferences.  I went there and deleted the contents for the pref files, same result after they were rebuilt upon mobile app login.

all users

I have no demo database installed

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Are the activities scheduled for you, or for other users? The mobile web interface is intended to show only your own personal activities.

When you say the desktop app, do you mean the installed version of Act, or the web interface accessed through a desktop web browser? The latter is the one of interest.
I would suggest creating a new test database and adding a couple contacts and activities to test if the issue is database specific.

Copper Contributor

• the activities are scheduled for me
  • the pc windows application (gui) shows the calendar activities
  • the pc web browser shows the calendar activities
  • I experience no calendar activities on my iphone or ipad, running iOS 9.3.4

Also, not to confuse topics, another issue is that I need to restart the SQL Server (ACT7) service every time I restart my PC even though it says it's Running/Automatic...otherwise I can't connect to a database.  I saw this in the Windows 10 article on this board, but holy cow I can't restart it every time my pc restarts...doesn't sound like these two issues are related though....

I will try your suggestion when I get some time...

Administrator

Additionally, are the activities a custom type?
Are the activities multi-day or banner activities?
Have you tried adding a simple default 1h meeting?