Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 7 and ACT

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Windows 7 and ACT

Start the Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete) and check the processes tab and stop any processes for ACT!.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy:   I see the ACT-Outlook Services are running, so I'll stop those.   Why would I stop any of these prosesses, what does that do?   After I stop them, then what do I do?  

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

Often Windows doesn't close all the related processes when a program is closed. Because the old process is still active the related program won't launch properly. If only that process was running a stuck process likely wasn't your problem. If ACT! doesn't open now I'm out of easy answers and would need to do direct troubleshooting.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy:   I ;looked on the forum and found this:

Try detaching it from the SQL with ACTDIAG ... then opening the PAD file.

I dont know what I am doing and I have several backup and nothing t0 lose so I did this and reopened ACT and it open up jsut fine.   Looks like this may have done the trick, so far.

Thanks Jim 

Copper Contributor

Folks:   Its just one thing after another with the new Wdws7 Laptop and ACT Prem 2011.

From yesterday when I got the previous problem fixed and ACT ran fine for about 4 hours today.   Then on sending an email out of ACT this afternoon (and thru Outlook 2010) it give me the following error:    Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object".   ACT just as well put that in Greek, as I have no clue what this sort of message means?

I have gotten these previously (trying to put a graphic picture in a Note)  and just exited and relaunched ACT, as I understood it was a memory error within ACT, and it only happened occasionally.    This time nothing works, just wont send an email from ACT.   So I cut and paste the email contact and send the message directly out of gmail, and taking a lot more time to just get anything done.   Anyone ever has this happen?  Jim 

Copper Contributor

ALL:   Still looking for an answer for my previous comment just above.  If one of you can help with an idea or maybe a KB number that discusses this issue I would appreciate.   Thanks  Jim

Copper Contributor

ALL:   Still looking for an answer:

I have the message:  "Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object"   I clink to close this message only to recieve another that says:   ActEmail MFC Application has stopped working.

I have Sage ACT 2011 Prem running on Wdws 7 and a Desktop in my office with the exact same software and its been running fine for months.   And now I have this software on a brand new Dell Laptop.   I have reinstalled Wdws7 and all the other software a couple of days ago, that did no good at all.    Any thoughts would be appriciated.    thanks   Jim

Platinum Super Contributor

You may need to disable the Windows UAC function.  See the following article for instructions: KB Article 25665

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg:   Thanks, I'll take a look at this...   Jim

Copper Contributor

Greg:   Its been runnin fine now for several days after just changing the UAC setting.   thanks for your help.   Jim