Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and Act version 12

Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and Act version 12

I have the following programs and have some problems that I hope someone can help with:

ACT! by Sage for Financial Professionals Version 12.1.0.181x30, Hot Fix 1

Outlook 2007

Windows 7 professional

-On my computer, I need to run ACT as administrator for it to open.  However, when I open it as administrator, I lose the ability to coordinate ACT and Outlook

-I did turn off the UAC and the program opens fine and integrates with outlook.  However, when reminders of meetings or tasks pop up in outlook, outlook freezes.  I have to reboot my computer to get outlook to run again.  Also, I do not like turning the UAC off as this could allow unwanted programs to run.

I saw on this board that there were issues with Act version 11.  Did this same thing carry over to version 12?

Thanks

Kirt

Bronze Contributor

Re: Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and Act version 12

Kirt,

I would make sure that you have hotfix 4 as a first step and failing this you might find that a reinstall would resolve the problem making sure that you run the installer as "run as administrator"

I have not seen this issue often but generally it is either because of a problem with the registry that needs to be addressed before the installation.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.