Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 update ACT Password request - HELP !!

Windows 10 update ACT Password request - HELP !!

HELP !!

We are running AVT 17 with Windows 10. Windows 10 did an update this morning and now ACT will not let me in without a password. We have never

had password protection on any of our ACT databases. How do we get access please

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Windows 10 update ACT Password request - HELP !!

mmmmm

It is possible that it is a password change but very unlikely. It is more likely a problem with SQL not starting or Windows update messing with your preferences.

Firstly go to Services and see if SQL is running on the PC or Server the ACT database is installed on. If it is not start it.

Can you create a new database from ACT and if not what error message do you get?

Thanks.

SQL was running but I stopped and then started it again and seems OK now ? Always have problems when Windows 10 updates its self. Got another issue

but not with ACT in that I can't now access shared folders on another workgroup PC.

All sorted. However, since recent MS update I have had tp stop and restart SQL a couple of times in addition to above
Copper Elite Contributor

Windows updates are almost always the cause of the unsharing if I come across this issue. It only happens on "Servers" which are not "real" Servers  using workstation OS's like WIN 7 or Win 10. Some security updates seem to clean up local shares.

Concerning the SQL Startup problems: Change the SQL server service Startup properties from "automatic" to "DELAYED automatic". This helped in most of the cases.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

Thank you. I will give it a try.