Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Win 8.1 password issue

Win 8.1 password issue

When I go to login to a newly created remote database on win 8.1, I get an error... "Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password and try again."

I have verified the username and password on the server. I can login there but not on the Win 8.1 desktop.

ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Windows 8.1

What is my issue?

Copper Contributor

Re: Win 8.1 password issue

Did you try access your remote database with the username and password of the Administrator user of the main database?

Is possible that if You can enter with the Administrator User, In that way you can change or confirm the password for the selected user in the SYNCSET

Best regards and good luck

http://praxisol.com

Everyday I learn something new
Silver Contributor

We have not experienced any password issues related to the computer operating system.

Possibilities include wrong database or just error.

Try logging in as a different user and then resetting the password, or recreating the remote
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nickel Super Contributor

Log in to the db on the server, and make sure the database is shared.  Tools | DB maintenance | Share.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

Yes. I am able to log onto the server with the remote database username/password. No issues.

I have logged into the remote database as administrator and changed the password in Tools Manage Users. I cannot find anything in SYCNSET.

Well, it just started working. Not sure why but I'm not going to complain. Thanks for the help.