Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Willing To Share your Customized ACT Layout Files / Designs?

Willing To Share your Customized ACT Layout Files / Designs?

Would anyone be willing to share their customized layouts for ACT? I have asked the ACT Technical Dept, but I have not received any modified layout files. I would also be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a layout file that includes larger fonts, more robust designs, minimum of 4 phone number fields with separate boxes with drop-down lists to identify work, home, mobile, fax, direct, toll-free, etc.

I am use a 1900 by 1200 resolution, 20.1 inch screen.

I can also be reached by email at JG@TheEmeraldGroup.com. I appreciate your responses.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Willing To Share your Customized ACT Layout Files / Designs?

What you are referring to is more than just a layout design. In general, layouts are not interchangeable between databases unless they are limited to the default fields or are copies of the original database. What you referred to is a customized database with the associated layout. In general having a custom database and layout built for you would be done on an hourly basis for the time it took to create it.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Jonn,

As Roy stated, the Layout fields depends on the database, so you'd need to be using the same database to swap layouts.

The best option might be to get an ACT! Certified Consultant to make the changes you need. You can find a list of ACCs at www.act.com/acc

I too am looking for a selection of alternate screen layouts, for just the standard fields.  A l ot of salespeople hate ACT simply because of the childish and boring default layout screen. It has not changed much since ACT 2000, and  takes up so much screen realestate to display only the most basic of informaition.  Rather than totally reinventing the wheel, it would be nice to find some stock layouts to begin to develope from, our use out of the box.   For example, some wild and crazy designs like "Star Trek , or Star Wars themes would be cool.

Master Commentator

I think i know what the intent here is.

Everyone has tweaked the ACT layout with their own added fields and figured out layouts that work best for them and their business. Some of us have done more than others. I know im looking for better ways to display information so i dont have to work as hard to find everything i need and work with it. i know im not the only one.

THere are quite a few layout tools out there (see all the exponenciel layout tools) and I for one would love to see some of them in action, so to speak. Mainly just to help get my onw creative juices flowing and improve on my own set up.

Maybe if there were a way to post screen shots of your layout here or somewhere so folks could see how your using the program? Anyone posting it could just plug their layout design into the demo database so not to share client info. I dont know if that would just then display empty fields or just not showe them at all as they arent defined in the demo database?

Anyway, anyone else have an idea on how we might share layout and design ideas?