Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why won't Swiftpage make a 4K-compatible version?!!

Highlighted

Why won't Swiftpage make a 4K-compatible version?!!

Act! Premium Version 20.0... Update 9

Windows 10 

Why won't they make a 4k-compatible version??

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Why won't Swiftpage make a 4K-compatible version?!!

Do you mean a 4k layout?

Highlighted

Yes--a 4k layout.  All the Office programs are 4k, so I don't understand why ACT can't be 4k native as well

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

In what sense? Contact layout? The UI in general? Which contact layout are you using? You are able to create custom contact layouts to fit a specific resolution. You run your native desktop resolution at 4K? 4096 x 2160?

~PSH

Highlighted

The UI in general. All of my programs look great on my 4k laptop except ACT, which looks like an 8-bit Nintendo by comparison. Yes--I use 3840x2160 as my desktop resolution.

@PSHACT wrote:

In what sense? Contact layout? The UI in general? Which contact layout are you using? You are able to create custom contact layouts to fit a specific resolution. You run your native desktop resolution at 4K? 4096 x 2160?

~PSH

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Can you give us a screenshot?

Highlighted

@Richee wrote:

Can you give us a screenshot?

Richee,

Thank you for your interest, but I've already received a response from ACT that says it's not currently designed for 4K:

Hello Chris,

My sincere apologies. As of now, Act! is not designed to work in a high resolution screens like 4K and other high resolution screens. Designed to work with DPI 100% and with a resolution up to a screen resolution like 1920 x 1080.

If you wish to have Act! design and release a software version compatible and work fine with 4K, please post your suggestion on https://community.act.com/

We can't decide to answer Yes or No whether are there currently plans to release a 4k-compatible version of ACT!? since is a feature request

Regards,

Abdul Muthalif A
Support Analyst Customer Success Team

support@act.com
Knowledgebase | Community | Web Chat

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have successfully implemented Act! on my iMac 5K screen and on a 4K external screen for my macBook that's not too shabby using the layout designer. You have to be willing to have all your screens use the layout with larger elements to accommodate the the higher resolution, but it can be done. If your layout isn't too complicated, you can scale up by doubling the pixel count in each dimension (UP/Down, Left/Right) and accomplish your desired goal. Keep a copy of the old layout for when you want to display it on a lower resolution screen. 

Yes, it takes a lot of time, but the beauty of having the layout designer is you can make it YOURS. 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the blog. It would be good if Swiftpage would include a suitable layout for 4 k devices now based on the basic layout or if your feeling really benevolent beb maybe share your one here?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'd be happy to share if I had done it for the standard Act layout, but mine is set up for my law practice with over 800 custom fields for document assembly. There's been a lot of work involved to create the layout and it would likely be inapplicable to most users. The technique, however, is the same for any type of database, and that is to learn what dimensions in pixel count work best for the screen and use the layout editor to match the elements to the database.

Ed