Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why does our upgrade keep getting postponed?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Why does our upgrade keep getting postponed?

That does not look right as URL for WEB, this looks like an internet sync address. Are you using WEB or syncing a database?

ACT for WEB would be http://hosted1.act.com/apfw

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

How about this?
http://hosted1.act.com/CNBSalesInc/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCNBSalesInc%2fcontacts%2fcontactDetail....

Currently we have Act 18 on our laptops and V17 for Hosted. We are only using the 18 on our laptops. We upgraded to 18 with the knowledge that
our Hosted would be upgraded during the weekend. This was emailed to us by ACT. Then on Monday of the following the migration did not happen.
We were sent another email last weekend that this past weekend it would happen. Now we attempted to sync and it would not. Got a hold of
Support and they could not give us an answer via chat and told me to call in to get a more detailed answer.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Firstly I can confirm that the web site is still on V17.1 so your V18 will not sync with V17.

You have been left in a horrible position and Swiftpage need to sort this out now.

ACT product manager please respond with action to resolve.

Highlighted
Administrator

I'm looking into why this happened.
I'll post an update shortly.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We appreciate it.  We are now considering leaving ACT.  We were told to upgrade our computers in prep for the weekend migration about 5-6 weeks ago.  When we got back into the office on the next Monday we had an email that said the migration was cancelled.  We had to call to find out what happened and not much explanation.  Last week we were emailed and told that they got everything fixed and that we would be upgraded this past weekend.  We came in yesterday and found out that it did not happen.  No email, no notification and no answers. 

We did chat with support and for over an hour we got no solid answers.  After an hour I was told to call in for an explanation.  That meant sitting on hold for 1-2 hours.  We decided not to do that and to start looking for another CSM.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the extra info.
Could I ask you to PM me the email address to which the most recent maintenance notification was sent? We're trying to understand why you received this email to begin with, as the group of customer that you fall into, should not have received the maintenance email last week. Forwarding the maintenance email to community@swiftpage.com would also help us track this down.

We'll update this thread when we have more info to share.
Thanks for your understanding.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It came to the other salesman in our office.  Not sure why.  He is looking for right now.  Do you have any idea when this will be corrected?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It was sent to poswald@naseals.net.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am sending the email to the address given.

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi nassman,

After further investigation of the email you forwarded to me, it seems that this particular email was originally sent to Patrick with a different email address. It would appear that he signed up for a trial of Act Premium Cloud, which created him a new account, separate to the one you log into using the URL you previously posted above. As this email was then forwarded to you, I can see how the confusion occurred.

We host our Act Premium Cloud customers across a number of servers to spread the load, and we have been incrementally upgrading these servers over the past few weeks.  The reason Patrick received the maintenance email was due to him having a trial account active on one of the servers that was being upgraded this weekend. That upgrade went ahead and completed successfully. I have sent you an email with the login URL for this trial and you will be able to see that it is currently running v18.

The URL you posted above is hosted on a different server, which has not yet been upgraded to v18. The upgrade for that particular server is scheduled to be completed this weekend. You should be receiving a separate maintenance notification email for this shortly.

I apologise for the confusion. I've taken your feedback on board and we'll look into how we can improve our maintenance notification emails, to avoid this confusion in the future.

For the meantime, your database should still be accessible though the web interface as normal, and if you require the offline remote client, uninstalling v18 and reinstalling v17 should get you back up and running for the rest of this week. If you keep v18 installed, this should become functional once the upgrade on your server is completed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.