Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why does our upgrade keep getting postponed?

Copper Contributor

Why does our upgrade keep getting postponed?

Twice now, we have been scheduled for the ACT migration to v18 and it has gotten cancelled. Any ideas why?? And when we might actually get the upgrade? Is anyone else having this issue? Below is the text from the email we keep receiving noting the cancellation.

Update on your Act! Premium Cloud migration to v18

Earlier this week, we notified you that your Act! Premium Cloud database was scheduled to be upgraded to v18 this weekend. In order to ensure all customers are upgraded to the most up-to-date version of Act!, including a brand new update, we have made the decision postpone your migration. We will provide details on the new date and time for your migration shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Act! Premium Cloud Team

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Why does our upgrade keep getting postponed?

My guess is there is a SP1 coming (or similar) for V18 and they are waiting to include it.

We found some issues in Act! v18 that would diminish your ability to use the program.  We've identified and are finalizing our validation of the most recent version.  Only after that has been validated can we reschedule each installation of Act! v18.  We roll these out in phased deployments, so it will be one set of servers one weekend, and the next set the weekend following.  We will send notifications out the Monday of your migration week, and a reminder on Friday like we did previously.

The first cancellation of your upgrade happened when one of the upgrade processes was running far too slowly to let you into your account within a reasonable timeframe.  We pulled that update, and re-evaluated the upgrade process.

The second cancellation was because of the defects I mentioned above.  We did not want to give you a product that functioned any less than the current product we offer you.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the information. Do you know if this upgrade will fix ACT mobile issues? We switched to this platform last year, mainly for the convenience of our Sales reps to be able to access their database while on the road via their smart phones....And it has NEVER worked properly. I would say 95% of the time, it does not work and we all get error messages when trying to pull up any contact record. When we call to report it, we get told that we should be using a different browser. EVERY TIME, they say "oh you shouldn't use that browser, use this one instead...." So we switch, the issue is repaired for a day or so, and then it goes back to not working. Extremely disappointing.

Administrator

Hi Rachel,

Please can you start a new thread and describe the issues you are having with Act Premium Cloud Mobile, along with the exact error messages you receive. I would like to look into this for you, but this thread wouldn't be the best place to do that.

Thanks.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary, I started a new Thread for this issue.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Bill

Do you have a date for next release of ACT for WEB as a client on V18 is having a very poor experience and the improved version would be of great help. Happy to beta test if you want on my 2012 software test server.

Copper Contributor

We were notified last week for the second time that we were getting the migration upgrade to the Web V18.  Again we came in this morning to discover that it was not done. 

We have not been notified as to why?  Any reasons why it did not go this time?  I am about to go on a sales trip and cannot use my web version.

Administrator

Hi Nassman,
Please can you PM me your database login URL and I will look into this for you.
Copper Contributor