Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which browser to use?

Highlighted

Which browser to use?

Act! Premium Cloud

Windows 10 

Morning all, I am  responsible for Act within our company, I have had no IT training, just what I've picked up by necessity so please be gentle with me, which is the best browser for me and my colleagues to use for Act? 

We originally used Chrome (dec 2018) but there were problems so Act advised to move to IE and sent me a list of settings to change in IE to fix some problems. I have heard that IE is coming to an end, what browser should I tell everyone to use?

Thanks 

Cass

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Which browser to use?

The revamped Microsoft Edge is now the best option to use for most functions. I do have to revert to IE for a couple of admin functions but for the end user MS Edge is probably the best option now.

Highlighted

thanks do i need to change any Edge settings? I have added it to allow popup list but it wont let me duplicate contact
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Tried on my test site and worked and not aware of any other needed settings. This was an issue on the old Edge browser but not on the new Edge browser based on chromium. Will have another look at compatibility and get back to you if I find anything. 

The only other thought is any restrictions that the chosen system security software might be applying to the browser.