Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When will v22.1 Update 1 become available?

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

When will v22.1 Update 1 become available?

Hello,

My client uses Act! v22 Permium, and update 4 is currently installed on all the computers and the server. I check the Act! website every day for updates and noticed last week that  v22.1 update 1 was available. I cannot install it because when I run the installer, it says "this update is not for the version of Act! currently installed on the computer". Also, when I open Act! and check for updates (I think it's "view notifications" or something like that), it always says that the most recent updates are already installed. I checked last night and still it says the most current updates are installed.

I talked to Act! support last week, and the technician said the installer for v22.1 is not yet available and when it comes out, we will have to uninstall v22 on all the computers and then install v22.1. I wanted to ask if anyone knows when this v22.1 will become available.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author support0707
a month ago
Copper Contributor

Re: When will v22.1 Update 1 become available?

On the email I got it had a "Download Now" button which took me to 

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v22?utm_campaign=act_na_Subscriber%20v22.1%20Fulf...

From there if you click on the appropriate download.  I didn't install it as typically ACT had lots of bugs in their first incantation !!

I was looking to see if anyone had downloaded it and whether it works !!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I received an email stating that my "Act! Upgrade is Now Available"  Version 22.1.  Gave me a site to see "what's new".  I too get the "you are up to date" notice under Help>Act Notifications

Wondering if anyone has updated to 22.1 (I'm on 22.0.205.0, Update 4) ???

Thanks!

Highlighted

My client got that same email, too. The email link was just to purchase Act! pro (we use premium).I cannot find anywhere on the site to download v22.1. 

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author support0707
a month ago
Copper Contributor

On the email I got it had a "Download Now" button which took me to 

https://www.act.com/download/download-act!-premium-v22?utm_campaign=act_na_Subscriber%20v22.1%20Fulf...

From there if you click on the appropriate download.  I didn't install it as typically ACT had lots of bugs in their first incantation !!

I was looking to see if anyone had downloaded it and whether it works !!

Highlighted

Thank you, the link my client got was different and just had a "buy now" option. I will ask if I can borrow one of the client's workstations tonight and test installing this new version on it. I will report back if it was successful.

Highlighted

I was able to install v22.1 on one of the client's computers, I used the download link that Jon kindly provided. I just had to uninstall Act! from the control panel, download and run the installer, and it worked. I then installed the latest update from the Act! website. It will be a while before the client can test out using Act!, but I will try to remember to post an update once they've gotten the chance to test it out.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Glad you got it loaded.  Thanks for letting me know results !!  There were lots of changes including a big change with Outlook.  I'm interested to see how that all works.  I don't need to be a first adopter!  I rely so heavily on ACT I need to know it works !!!

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Going from x.0 to x.1 requires a complete reinstall, just like going from version X to version Y.
Currently, v22.1 is still suffereing from a few issues regarding the new Outlook integration, so I would personally rather wait for the next update on that.
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I think that is good advice !  Particularly with ACT's track record of "glitches" !!!

Highlighted

Thank you for the heads up. I don't think any of the users at my client's office actually utilize the Outlook integration feature since it's always been so buggy, but I'll give them a heads up regardless.