Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When using Write -> E-mail Message, email address have stopped being sent to Outlook

Copper Contributor

When using Write -> E-mail Message, email address have stopped being sent to Outlook

Hello. Could I ask for some help here please?  This used to work and - as of late last week - just stopped working. I used to be able to create a Lookup and then highlight the lookup and use Write -> Email Message (or right-click and use Write -> E-mail) and all the email addresses would appear in the 'To:' field in a new Outlook email window. Now Outlook opens up a new email window but no email addresses are sent over to populate the 'To:' field.  This worked so well in the past and I've not added/changed anything to my system so I don't know why this is occurring.

Anyone able to help with this one?  Thank you!

Administrator

Re: When using Write -> E-mail Message, email address have stopped being sent to Outlook

Hi Neil,

Please can you let us know which versions of Act, Windows and Office you're using?
Copper Contributor

Re: When using Write -> E-mail Message, email address have stopped being sent to Outlook

I apologize.  Should have done that.  Here is the necessary info:

ACT: 17.1.169.0

Windows 7

Outlook 2013

Thank you!

Administrator

Hi Neil,

Act will not send the email address for your record to Outlook. Can you confirm that the addresses of non-users are also not being sent to outlook?
Does this issue occur on any other databases (i.e. the demo DB)?
Do any other users have this issue?

This particular issue was present in Act v18.0 when it launched, but has since been fixed in updates. At that time, the issue did not affect v17. It is only recently that we have had a few reports that this functionality has stopped working in v17. This would suggest that there have recently been updates released by Microsoft for Office or Windows that have affected this functionality in v17.
Copper Contributor

Hello Gary.  Because you were so helpful in a previous post, I would like to take a run at this ACT! problem again. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I am using ACT! v17 (17.1.169.0), Win 7, and Outlook 2013.  This problem occurs for all users and also fails using the demo database.

This used to work perfectly until September (or so) of 2016.  What I could do in the past, was select a lookup in my Contact List who I wanted to send a 'single' email to (meaning all email addresses in the lookup would appear on the 'To' line in a single Outlook email). After selecting the lookup I would go to 'Write' -> 'Email Message' and all the email addresses for all of the lookup would appear in the 'To' field in Outlook.

Now, Outlook opens a new email window but the entire 'To' field is blank rendering this feature useless.  Any thoughts on what is happening?  Your previous post in this string stated this was a known fault in v18 but that it was fixed.

I appreciate any help here.  Thank you!

JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary,

I am not sure if my issue is related but sounds similar.

ISSUE 1:

This week after uninstalling V18 and SQL programs (so I get clean current SQL installed) I than installed V19.0.147 Update 3.

Running Win 10 64bit and Office 365 32bit, ver 16.0.7571.

Ran test on my DB and customer Template and on Demo 2017 with standard template.

From ACT contact record  got to Write | Other Document | Select my customer or standard .ADT |  

ACT pop shows Merging Records then Word opens up but is blank. If I leave or first open Word then do the merge the document will then merge as intended.

The only thing I can think of that is different in Programs and Features is I had also removed Office 2007 Office compatibility mode (since I have office 365).

ISSUE 2: Related to Neil_ACT

The other test with Outlook already open.  I click on MY! Contact record (USER-Admin) with an email in the field and Outlook opens up the compose message, but the email is not in the TO: field.  Even if I leave that email open and click on email field again no email in that as well TO:

From the Documents TAB even if highlight a file then click on email the attached file is there but nothing in the TO:

Next I inserted my email into a NON-USER record with different contact name and TO was populated.

Next I changed that record contact name as mine and TO still was populated.

Next I changed a USER record to have my name and email and TO was still populated.

I agree in the past even if my own user account it used to compose with the TO populated.

JM

Administrator

Neil_Act wrote:

Hello Gary.  Because you were so helpful in a previous post, I would like to take a run at this ACT! problem again. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I am using ACT! v17 (17.1.169.0), Win 7, and Outlook 2013.  This problem occurs for all users and also fails using the demo database.

This used to work perfectly until September (or so) of 2016.  What I could do in the past, was select a lookup in my Contact List who I wanted to send a 'single' email to (meaning all email addresses in the lookup would appear on the 'To' line in a single Outlook email). After selecting the lookup I would go to 'Write' -> 'Email Message' and all the email addresses for all of the lookup would appear in the 'To' field in Outlook.

Now, Outlook opens a new email window but the entire 'To' field is blank rendering this feature useless.  Any thoughts on what is happening?  Your previous post in this string stated this was a known fault in v18 but that it was fixed.

I appreciate any help here.  Thank you!

Hi Neil,

I would suggest updating your version of Act! with the latest updates available. Visit our Downloads Centre and look for Act! Premium v17 SP2 Update - US. Download and install this, then additionally download and install Act! 17.2 Update 3.

If the issue persists after these updates, then I would suggest running an Office repair.

After that, if the issue is not resolved, I would suggest fully uninstalling Office and Act!, then reinstalling Office and then Act!.

Administrator

JM wrote:

Gary,

I am not sure if my issue is related but sounds similar.

ISSUE 1:

This week after uninstalling V18 and SQL programs (so I get clean current SQL installed) I than installed V19.0.147 Update 3.

Running Win 10 64bit and Office 365 32bit, ver 16.0.7571.

Ran test on my DB and customer Template and on Demo 2017 with standard template.

From ACT contact record  got to Write | Other Document | Select my customer or standard .ADT |  

ACT pop shows Merging Records then Word opens up but is blank. If I leave or first open Word then do the merge the document will then merge as intended.

The only thing I can think of that is different in Programs and Features is I had also removed Office 2007 Office compatibility mode (since I have office 365).

ISSUE 2: Related to Neil_ACT

The other test with Outlook already open.  I click on MY! Contact record (USER-Admin) with an email in the field and Outlook opens up the compose message, but the email is not in the TO: field.  Even if I leave that email open and click on email field again no email in that as well TO:

From the Documents TAB even if highlight a file then click on email the attached file is there but nothing in the TO:

Next I inserted my email into a NON-USER record with different contact name and TO was populated.

Next I changed that record contact name as mine and TO still was populated.

Next I changed a USER record to have my name and email and TO was still populated.

I agree in the past even if my own user account it used to compose with the TO populated.

JM

Hi JM,

Issue 1:

I would suggest running through the standard Office integration troubleshooting steps and testing along the way to see if this helps the situation:

• Run both Act! and Word as Administrator
  • Disable Windows UAC
  • Re-register redemption.dll
    • Close Act! and Office applications 
    • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows and locate Redemption.dll and regsvr32.exe
    • Drag and drop Redemption.dll on top of regsvr32.exe and click OK once completed
  • Re-creating normal.dot
    • Close Act! and Office applications
    • Navigate to C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates 
    • Rename any Normal.dot or Normal.dotm files to Normal.old
    • Launch Word to automatically recreate the renamed files, then close Word again
  • Run an Office repair
  • Fully uninstall Office and Act!, then reinstall Office and then Act!

Issue 2:

This behaviour is working as designed. You are not able to include the email address of your own Act! user when writing a new email. This is intentional behaviour to avoid sending emails to yourself unnecessarily. This has always been the case as far as I'm aware.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Thank you Gary W. !!

I did all the bullet points and after Office Repair, reboot PC I was able to merge again and did not have to uninstall ACT! and Office and reinstall.

JM