Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When running a Task List report, the information entered in the Details text-box does not appear

Copper Contributor

When running a Task List report, the information entered in the Details text-box does not appear

Hi,

I'm trying to run a Task List report that contains information for the Details text-box.

The Details text-box appears in the Regarding dialog box, when you are clearing Calendar activities.

Only three, very short words are ever entered in the Details text-box, so l'm surprised that the info is not showing in the Task List report.

The Details field is one of the options listed in the Customise Columns dialog box, but although I select it, no information appears in the Task List report.

I've included below three images to show what I'm trying to explain.

I hope somebody can advise me on this, please?

Grant.

tasklist.jpg

Image 1: The Task List report, but the Details information does not appear.

customise.jpg

Image 2: The dialog box for Customise Columns, showing that the Details has been selected.

diagbox.jpg

Image 3: The Details text-box is the large text-box that appears in the Regarding dialog box, which appears when you are clearing activities in the Calendar.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: When running a Task List report, the information entered in the Details text-box does not appear

The details are recorded in History in Rich Text Format (RTF). RTF can't be displayed in a list view because the list views are plain text only. The actual task list report does include details for cleared acclivities. That is the actual task list report,, not the context option for printing the tack list which is basically a form of a screen print.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: When running a Task List report, the information entered in the Details text-box does not appear

Grant,

Within the lookup, Details will not be displayed. If there are details for that activity, a lower-case "i" encased in blue circle will appear in that column. You can  always double-click the icon and details for that activity will open up in another window.

On the other hand, if you are actually running a "Task List Report" (to PDF or hard copy), by way of Reports / Other Contact Reports / Selecting "Task List.rep(2). Details will display on Report as shown below.

Details in Reports.JPG

I do see that you are labeling your tasks generally as "Personal Activities" in the Regards section (Support, Assessment 1, Initial Visit). You might be able to get more out of reports if you create specific activity types and using them going forward.

Schedule / Manage / Activity Types / Add  to create additional Activities to schedule with.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

Copper Contributor

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the information from the Details text-box does appear in History.

As the required info is brief (just 2 to 4 words)  think we will probably just  add several new options in the Regarding drop-down menu.

Regards,
Grant.

Copper Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm going to have have a look at the Reports area, as I'm not too familiar with it.

When doing reports, it's usually Task List or Advanced Query that I use - so, yes, am probably limiting myself here by not exploring the Reports area in more detail.

Thanks for the tip!

Regards,
Grant.