Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When a contact was add to a group?

Highlighted

When a contact was add to a group?

When adding a contact to a group, the last edit date doesn't change. I need to export contacts edited after a specific date, but I want the addition to the group to be one of the "editing parameters". How can I do? How can I find out when a contact was added to a specific group?

Thank you

Gio

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: When a contact was add to a group?

Your not going to like the reply - As far as I am aware there is no way of tracking this through ACT searches. I think it is recorded in the SQL but this is not searchable through ACT.

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Chip's response is right on target.

However, I believe I have a work around, but really need more information such as:

• How many different groups would be involved?
  • What is the purpose other than exporting to Excel?
  • How often would this procedure be run?
  • Will one or more activities be scheduled for each contact that the lookup finds?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted

Hello John, 

thank you for your support. 

Every 2-3 months we send out a mailshot to some relevant groups (6-7). We use another system to send the mail, but we need to import the most recent contacts (created/edited) from Act that belong to those groups to the list of contacts we sent the last email to. If some contacts already in the database have been added to a group between one email and the following one, when selecting the edit date Act won't include in the lookup those new members of the group. (I hope I explained it clearly enough).

Gio

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

This is a bit of a pain but will work.

Create a sub group for each group you send emails to. 

When you add a contact to a group also add it to the sub group. 

Each month the sub group will contain the new group members.

Clear out the contact of the sub group once you have updated the 3rd party list ready for the next set of new members of the group and sub group.